Since receiving my Ph.D. in mechanical engineering from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) Zurich, for more than 15 years I have guided companies through the product innovation process. Before opening Haas ProjektConsulting, in 2002, I was a consultant at Helbling Management Consulting and Helbling Technik for 12 years. I offer a wealth of experience and proven skills in product innovation, development, engineering, effective project management and coaching. My clients are leaders in their industries.
I strive to integrate and optimize the three essential elements of successful innovation: the cognitive/technical aspects, the emotional impact and the necessary structures and systems.
I am serving as
- an accelerator ready to engage at any phase in a project, from brainstorming to successful product marketing.
- a catalyst to clear away counterproductive conflicts that distract a project team or organization.
- an energizer that can sharply raise your team’s efficiency and its success rate in innovation projects.
- an effective integrator of new methods, techniques and tools to benefit from improvements quickly.
- a leader, or mentor, on complex innovation projects to assure their successful realization.
I am a member of the Association of Management Consultants Switzerland (ASCO) and the Innovation Network Schweiz.
I am also a regular lecturer at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) Zurich and other colleges.
«When we started, we had no ideas, later we had too many. With Roland Haas support, ideas were condensed and evaluated. The resulting portfolio showed the most attractive innovations.»
Mario Busshoff, former President
Flexographic Products, Stuttgart (DE)
No project is quite like another. To meet the distinct challenges facing each individual company according to its specific needs, I draw on a network of proven specialists.
My primary partner is five-is in Dornbirn (A). We are able to support each other for most customer topics.
My additional network has a broad range of expertise in areas that inlcude:
- Innovation processes and systems
- Market research and marketing
- Patent searches and patent law
- Engineering and design services
- Product data management (PDM) and product structures
- Management selection and training
- Product development, design and styling
- Knowledge management
- Mechanical design and software development methodologies
- Open innovation platforms and projects
- Sector- and industry-specific know-how
Winner of the ASCO Award 2017 for the best Business Transformation in the Category Boutique Consultans: I am thrilled about the "consulting Oscar" of the important Swiss management consultancy association ASCO. The award shows that even small business consulting companies can achieve a great leverage - and in this particular case even with a relatively small fee. Read more in the Handelszeitung article (in German).
I am part of a team, winning in 2016 ETH Zurich'sfirst KITE Award for our innovative teaching concept. May I city my collegues Dr. Ina Goller in the video report: „What is the core of successful innovation projects? Often, it is the human factor.“ This is exactly what it is all about in our „Coach-the-Coach-Course“, that we are teaching togther. But have a look yourself (in german).